Sunday, May 22, 2011

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Eidos Montreal
Due August 21st, 2011
Xbox 360, PS3, Microsoft Windows
Single Player




Deus Ex: Human Revolution is fast approaching. Set to hit the shelves in North America on August 21st, 2011. As a fan of the Deus Ex series, and especially "Deus Ex: The Invisible War" (I know I'll get some flack for that) I'm very excited for the games release. The FPS-RPG genre has made a lot of headway in the last few years, with games like Mass Effect and Fallout 3


My personal copy of the Xbox version of Deus Ex: Invisible War


My first experience with the FPS-RPG genre was with the Xbox version of "Deus Ex: The Invisible War". Up until that point, I had barely played RPG's. The whole concept of branching paths, choices and consequences had barely been enlightened on me. It took me a few hours of solid game play to really get into it, but after I finally started to make sense of what I thought was going to be a simple RPG, I was hooked. Deus Ex: The Invisible Wars was indeed one of my favorite games I have ever played, and easily one of the best for the Xbox. 


Onlive Offer

So with all the hope one could have for sequels (Note: Theres a lot of disappointing them.), I'm happy to say that Onlive, the cloud based gaming "console" is having a promotional pre-order event. Right now, if you pre-order Deus Ex: Human Revolution through OnLive, you can get:


OFFER 1
OnLive standard offer:
$44.99 ($60 value)
   - Deus Ex: Human Revolution
   - Deus Ex: Game of the year edition


And for just $9.00 more, you'll get:


OFFER 2
OnLive augmented edition
$53.99 ($170 value)
   - Deus Ex: Human Revolution
   - The "Making Of" video
   - A motion comic book
   - An art book
   - The game sound track
   - The E3 trailer and animated storyboard
   - A FREE OnLive Micro Console  (Or you can redeem a game before May 25, 2011)


And for the next few weeks, Eidos has a page where you can Facebook "like" the game to unlock more assets for the game, when it is released. So read up, "like" the game, and I'll keep your eyes peeled for you for more offers and information on what could be a very great, reinvigorated franchise. 




8 comments:

  1. I should go back and play Deus Ex again... I only got to wherever you go in China last time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. after watching the trailer.. i suddenly got a need to play this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really can't wait for this, PLEASE LET THEM NOT SCREW IT UP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooo worried that it is not going to hold up to the original.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...never played Deus Ex, but perhaps I ought to give it a try? Thanks for the info! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. god. jelly mode. I so want to play these games =/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please tell me you played the original and not just Invisible War?

    I too am worried it won't be live up to the original. That game is one of my all time favorites.

    PS: Mass Effect is not a FPS/RPG. Its 3rd person.

    ReplyDelete